Sometimes I swear Stumbleupon is my best robot friend. How do they know me so well? I’m actually not gonna think about that too much, because the answer might scare me just a little. As it is, I want to just live in their perfect, totally-gets-me interweb. Today I stumbled upon this page with these oh so amazing factoids and tons of stunning pictures of the Maldives. (Seriously, go check it out, then come back I won’t hold it against you.)
I admit I am sometimes geographically challenged. I mean, I had heard of the place, but that was about it. Now, I’m a little bit amazed by it. These tiny little islands (Hawaii looks like a full-on continent comparatively) are actually a country? It got my mind spinning and it seemed like such the perfect place to set a story, something fantastic perhaps? Of course I think a research trip is definitely in order first. Can’t be done any other way. I’m sorry, it just can’t.
Roadtrip! Err… Um Canoe Trip! Who’s in?
- Local Market in Maldives (kish.in)
- 10 days continuous Bank Holidays in Maldives (kiaso.wordpress.com)
- Maldives: Diving with manta rays (telegraph.co.uk)
- Newlyweds Brand, Perry leave India for Maldives (omg.yahoo.com)
- Renewing Your Marriage Vows in the Maldives? Think Again (danielpipes.org)
- Maldives Customs Service celebrates 120 years of operation (kish.in)